Tuesday 4 March 2014

Edgar Martins



Edgar Martins has been one of my favorite photographers ever since I started this course and he has influenced me in a lot of ways I haven’t noticed until I have looked back at my work. His work has been a constant reference of mine in the background. Although I like a lot of different things when it comes to photography when I see a simple well-executed image that is uncluttered and evokes fond memories I find it to be almost perfect and most of Edgar Martins images tick all of these boxes.
All of the images appear to have emptiness to them and I think by having distance in the image the viewer has to scan across the image taking in what little detail there is in. The objects and textures that are in Edgar Martins images are always well proportioned and colour plays a big part in the images even though it is often limited to certain areas. The colours often seem to be too bright for the image and therefor they stand out and make a statement amongst the rest of the darkened images.




No comments:

Post a Comment