Tuesday 4 March 2014

Edmunds Clark




After receiving a lengthy lecture from Edmund Clark I began to realize how documentary photography could be full of artistic choices that covertly tell the story to the viewer. What I found so great about Clarks work was the fact that It all seemed so spontaneous. The work didn’t seem staged or rehearsed in any way which I found refreshing as most work I look at seems as if it has had an age spent on it both post production and pre production. What I took from Edmund Clarks work was how simplistic the work is but I also appreciate how in depth Clarke was in his approach to getting access and finding locations to shoot at.

Seeing as my choice of location has been limited to only the Medway area I feel that I should take the same time and care to find the right shots for my set of images I need to produce. I think I need to find an image when I am just scouting around instead of making an image from something.



No comments:

Post a Comment