Tuesday 4 March 2014

Reflection


Initially I thought that my concept may have been a little bit too cliché in its approach to waste however after considering the constraints of the project I now believe I have a really strong concept that I can go out and grasp with both hands and make some interesting images with. It took me about a week to realize that my work doesn’t have to be so out of this world that I don’t get it myself so I decided to take a step back and just focus on what I need exactly and I think that this will help me to create a strong set of images. Something that I realized may become a problem is the fact I am so fixated with cars so I aim to look at my images after I shoot and recap to make sure they are relevant to my concept not to my love of cars.

I set of by scouting some locations that I would possibly find tires around the Medway area and immediately found success in the small industrial estates doted around. These places ranged from tire fitting garages to vans advertising the need for tires, also random tires laying in areas of mess such as the road side gave me an idea as to how I could shoot some work. Although I don’t feel I have exhausted the whole area in my search so far I think I have a strong base on witch I can start to think about how I am going to shoot and things of that nature.

My early research has led me to some really interesting ideas about the rest of this project. It is strange for me to have so many artistic influences this early into a project but this can only be a good thing so I am going to continue looking into different types of research that will help me evolve my images. I feel that finally the artist I like have found me rather than me searching for images that stick out to me or ones that fit around my concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment