Tuesday 4 March 2014

Space


My research into how I can present my work has lead me to try something out of my comfort zone as I have never presented my work in a real gallery space so its something I need to adjust to. I feel by doing something relatively different I will have a better chance of standing out as it wont be the usual installation.
For my gallery space I intend to use tires as an installation mounted on the wall witch actually contain my images. Because in my images I intend to use a subject in the center of the image or the subject will by isolated in the middle of the image with a lot of space around the outside of it so it wont matter too much if the edges aren’t visible because it would be on the inside of the tire.
It would be very easy to source some tires but one thing that may be a problem is the actually mounting of the image within the tire as it would have to be bonded with some kind of adhesive it would ruin the print. Also as I found out through looking at the 3rd years gallery space I would want to test a few different lighting scenarios as the lighting in the their galleries often did not compliment the images in the way maybe they needed.
I think I would use matte paper to combat reflections from the brightness of the room and other highlights that might occur due to the fact it will be in a open and public space.

No comments:

Post a Comment